Yoga Movement Connectics
6 weeks Online course by Prashant Tewatia
10th January to 21st February – 40 Days Resolution
TYC In a Nutshell
- This course is designed for beginners & intermediates.
- 6 WEEKS of coaching, practice programs, and tasks designed to make you understand and improve the way you move and feel your body.
- A community of individuals who are passionate about the necessity, subtlety, and value of the basics.
- A simple way to improve your strength, mobility; body coordination and asana practice.
- 12 online classes and a private forum.
- Registration opens on 18th Dec and closes 9th Jan.
Purpose of the course
- According to yogic technology, it takes 40 days to change a habit – to retrain the mental process and nervous system. Practicing anything for at least 40 days allows you the opportunity to dissolve it into your being, turn on, wake up, transform.
- With proper guidance and tools at hand, you’ll find the reason and motivations of moving and celebrating your body in different ways and for different reasons.
- You’ll learn how to address common body issues, pain, and postural problems i.e simply feeling the wellbeing of our bodies with yoga & other somatic movements.
- You’ll learn the key anatomy of the body, how to evaluate your posture and identify movement patterns, and how to move safely in your asana practice (and life) to support your spine.
- We’ll practice fun and functional asanas, along with other movements to help you feel more at home in your body—on and off the mat. Whether in 10 or 60 minutes, else somewhere in-between, you’ll develop a practice to fit your schedule.
- You will receive weekly programs (set of exercises + tasks + homework) to practice and work on your own. Insightful feedback for each, including the basis of movement and rhythm of your body.
This course will provide tremendous tools as you embark on your life journey of transformation. These tools include:
- Learning to think outside the box, shift your perspective, and bring play and possibility to your yoga, and life.
- Learn to find the essentials for your body type.
- Practical modifications and adaptations for dozens of yoga pose so that you can expand your practice; help your students (if you teach) with clear, tailored instruction; and start to heal emotional and physical pain and discomfort.
- Experimenting with your unique sense of balance and centre of gravity so you can refine adaptations and make poses even more accessible and beneficial.
- Learn to navigate the balance between effort and ease.
Week wise syllabus (curriculum)
First 2 weeks
- Introduction – Theory, Philosophy, Q&A
- Foundations, Lower body Joint Rotations/Mobility, Squats & Lunges.
- STANDING POSES, Sun Salutations.
3rd and 4th week
- Theory, Philosophy, Q&A
- SPINAL Extensions, Rotations, Bends, Waves,
- Core strengthening.
Last 2 weeks
- Theory, Philosophy, Q&A
- Inversions, creative sequencing, skill acquisition
- Daily Rituals – Guided Pranayama & Meditations
- Improvisation, Summary!
Saturday & Sunday: 3 PM IST (India Standard time) = 10:30 AM CET ( Germany, Netherlands time)
At the beginning of each phase, you’ll gain access to a new program.
- Homework will be given after each workshop.
- As a member of TYC, you’ll gain access to live Q&A calls, a members-only forum.
- If you do happen to miss the LIVE classes then we will send you recorded classes.
2 blocks, 1 long belt, a bolster or a pillow, blanket & some weights.
Price – € 210
To Register Click here ( Form)
- PayPal address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transfer wise Preferably
Bank account details
Account Holder’s Name: Prashant Tewatia
SWIFT code – SBININBBFXD
Account Number – 20163417247
IFSC Code- SBIN0016107
Bank Name- State Bank of India
In my teaching, my mission is to bridge somatics, circular movement, and a new understanding in anatomy with Yoga Asana and the roots of the Iyengar Yoga method in a playful way to create an optimised and individual way of practicing Asana and other modalities of Movement. I was initiated into Yoga at an early age, watching my grandfather in a headstand every morning, having consistent yoga practice throughout High School and finally became a facilitator upon teaching friends during my studies in Ireland. As it often goes, I had to go to the West to realise my passion for the wisdom of Eastern Practices and Yoga and made my way back to India to learn the science and arts of this ancient practice.
Twelve years on, I am still hungry to share, learn and engage in the bliss of Yoga as well as other somatic forms of Martial Arts, Qi Gung, Primal Movements as well as science-based knowledge to compliment each individual body.
From October to March I am running my own Yoga Studio – Udaan – Yoga & Movement Clinic and the rest of the months travelling and teaching around Europe.
So thankful to you Prashant for such an insightful and inspiring 6 weeks! Attending your classes at Terschelling 2 years ago began a wonderful journey of learning and training that has inspired me not only as a teacher but personally… Very grateful! – Marigai Peil
The depth of his anatomy understanding is immense and he is able to explain each and every posture on a level which most of us will not have experienced before. He is passionate, kind, caring and firm – and his attention to detail is obvious, this has come from his many years of study and practice on his own journey – Katie Greengrass
I found this course to be extremely helpful. Thank you so much. I have been introduced to maybe half of the exercises in physical therapy, but your program is much more well-rounded and complete. It is really useful to me. – John Koon
I highly recommend Prashant as a teacher, he’s able to connect easily with all kind of students of every level, improving their practice along the course, while he makes us enjoy and feel more curious about our bodies and the joy and quality of life we can find moving them. Through yoga, tai chi, dancing… all together! – Piru Mendez